- Fields of Activity
- Crane & Lifting device inspection, repair and certification.
- Pulp and paper mill inspection services.
- Metallurgical problem solving at construction and industrial sites.
- Welding procedures, inspection and certification.
- Nondestructive testing and quality control.
- Corrosion assessment and investigations.
- Failure analysis, insurance reports and court appearances as an expert witness.
Metallurgical engineering services provided as a specialist in cranes, lifting devices,
welding, nondestructive testing and metals and materials evaluation.
- Inspection, Nondestructive Testing and Quality Assurance
- CWB/CSA W 178.2 - Qualification Code for Welding Inspection Personnel
Level 3 - Welding Inspection Supervisor
- National Standard of Canada:CAN/CGSB - 48.9712 Non-destructive Testing -
Qualification and Certification of Personnel
||Ultrasonic Inspection Technique
|| Level 1
|Magnetic Particle Technique || Level 3
|Liquid Penetrant Technique || Level 3
To expedite inspection or quality assurance projects of significant size, additional
certified inspection personnel and NDT contractors are retained.
- Cranes & Lifting Devices
- Provide nondestructive inspection, repair procedures and certification for tower
cranes, manlifts, suspended powered platforms and other lifting devices in BC,
Alberta and the Yukon for a broad range of clients.
- Complete initial NDT inspection and certification requirements for new
container crane at Maher Terminal, Prince Rupert, BC.
- Expedite scheduled inspections and certification documentation for marine
cranes at Esquimalt Graving Dock for Public Works Canada.
- Inspect, certify and assist with registration for new amusement rides: Hell's Gate,
Drop Zone, Hellevator, Crazy Beach, Gladiator, etc. for PNE Playland.
- Inspect, repair and certify overhead bridge cranes, mobile cranes, structural steel
and various lifting devices for Anvil Range Mining Corp, Faro, Yukon.
- Supervise inspection and repair for fire fighting lift equipment for Langley,
Chilliwack, Mission, Richmond, Parksville, etc.
- Provide NDT inspection and repair procedures for bridge and mobile cranes at
Walden Forest Products, WFP Somass, Catalyst Crofton, Powell River, etc.
- Inspect and Certify tower cranes for log home building firms: 100 Mile House,
Okanagan Falls and the Fraser Valley.
- Welding, Nondestructive Testing, Quality Control
- Specify inspection and repair procedures for window washing mobile gantries
and powered scaffolds for the Bentall Towers, Telus Towers, Terasen Gas,
Harbour Centre and numerous other high rise buildings in Greater Vancouver.
- Inspect and certify mobile access travellers, manbaskets and safety equipment for
the Port Mann, Alex Fraser, Lions Gate and Ironworker's Memorial Bridges.
- Provide inspection, certification, weld repair procedures and assist with BC
Safety registration for Baoda, Pecco and Alimak Manhoist cars, tower and
ancillary equipment for Tall Crane Equipment Ltd.
- Provide supervision of modifications, NDT inspections, and certification for
ship unloader crane project to allow installation of an Alimak elevator for Kinder
Morgan at Vancouver Wharves.
- Prepare NDT inspection procedures, assist with modifications and upgrades
during the scheduled annual maintenance inspections for the amusement rides at
- Provide initial and annual NDT safety inspections and load tests for access
anchors at Wall Centre, Edgewater Casino, The Ritz, Crown Life, Hyatt Hotel
and various other buildings.
- Corrosion, Failure Analysis & Insurance Investigation
- Inspect and provide analysis for luggage handling equipment problems at
Vancouver International airport.
- Investigate bridge deck failures for Kelowna floating bridge for BC Ministry of
- Assess corrosion damage, provide repair procedures, modifications and upgrades
for Mack Flume Ride at PNE Playland.
- Provide failure analysis and advice for problems with tower crane sections and
fasteners fabricated in China for Fintry Hoisting.
- Assess fire damage to roofing, structural steel, glu-laminated beams, concrete
and other building materials for structural consultants and contractors.
- Provide failure analysis for escalator steps for Otis Canada Inc.
- Prepare reports for litigation covering sulphuric acid piping failure investigation
for Department of Fisheries and Oceans, Prince Rupert BC.
- Investigate Manganese Steel conveyor chain foundry problems and prepare
reports for litigation.
- Provide corrosion assessment for commercial and domestic water piping systems
for J.M. Bean and other mechanical consultant firms.
- Complete structural steel inspection and safe access assessment for Anvil Range
- Investigate shingle mill saw blade failures for Anbrook Industries.
- Complete failure analysis, provide modifications and inspection procedures for
Carl Phare Roller Coaster car couplers for PNE Playland.